BLOHM grinding machines have been used worldwide for decades, wherever productivity, performance and precision are required. They are developed in Hamburg and produced in a modern manufacturing facility to high quality standards. More than 15,000 delivered machines reflect the international recognition of the BLOHM brand. This accumulated experience forms the basis for the company's special grinding expertise in the area of surface and profile grinding. The product range includes standard machines for individual and small batch production of surface and profile grinding, as well as customized production machines.
Special highlights are:
- Modular design of the machines offers sophisticated solutions for almost any workpiece size
- Varied machine applications can be integrated according to customer requirements
- Automated grinding machines (including tool change, measuring and clamping systems)
- Worldwide presence in the market segments of general mechanical engineering, bearing, automotive, hydraulic, tool making and turbine industry
- Technology and demonstration centers (Hamburg and Göppingen) make extensive know-how available to customers
- Technological leadership in the aviation turbine industry
- Worldwide sales and service network for consultation and customer service directly on the spot
- HelpLine, remote service and field service for maintenance with system
- Traditionally proven approach based on a strict quality code, combined with the use of cutting-edge methods (ISO 9001)
The UNITED GRINDING Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of precision machines for grinding, eroding, laser, measuring, and combination machining. With around 2,500 employees at more than 20 manufacturing, service, and sales locations, the Group has a customer-oriented and effective organization.
With its eight company brands MÄGERLE, BLOHM, JUNG, STUDER, SCHAUDT, MIKROSA, WALTER, and EWAG, UNITED GRINDING offers a broad application knowledge, an extensive product portfolio and a complete array of services for surface and profile grinding, cylindrical grinding and tool machining. In addition, a competence center for additive manufacturing is operated under the IRPD brand.
The tradition of the group companies goes back more than one hundred years, during which more than 150,000 machines have been manufactured and delivered worldwide. This longstanding experience and broad technological expertise make the UNITED GRINDING Group a reliable and competent solution provider for complex manufacturing tasks.
The innovative technologies of the companies of the UNITED GRINDING Group have a broad range of applications, from single part to mass production, from small businesses to large corporations, and are used in a wide range of industries. The primary focus is on the automotive and automotive supplier industry, medicine, aerospace, tools, tool and mold making, transport & heavy industry, machine construction, energy and precision mechanics.
Our goal is and remains to make our customers even more successful with our products and services.